Google Voice Typing allows you to write the words just by your voice. It’s so easy. You have to just speak what you want to write.
- To use this feature, you must have google chrome installed in your system or android (as the application).
- You also need to have the microphone or headset with microphone option.
- This application is completely online and require a good internet connectivity.
How to use Google Voice Typing application-
- To use the Google voice typing, first open the google chrome web browser and login with your google credentials.
- After logging in type docs.google.com, press Enter.
- You could be asked to select the plan for business purpose or individual usage purpose. The individual plan is free but might have some exclusions. You may go with your choice according to your need and requirement.
- After selection of your plan, you will be redirected to the Google Doc template view where you have to choose any pre-defined template or a blank on which you would like to work.
- After opening the blank document, go to the “Tools” tab on menu bar and select voice typing or directly press the keys “Ctrl+Shift+S” together to get the voice recording button appear.
Following images would help you understand the process easily –
- When the “RED” microphone icon appears on the document, it indicates that the voice recording is now “on” and you can start typing from your voice.
Note: Remember, to run the google docs– voice typing application, you need to have some commands to remember to operate the application smoothly.
Here are some basic commands that would help you –
At the end of your Line Just Say : – Period ( it will place full stop after your sentence ends)
As same practice say other words mention below to add these signs in your paragraph.
These punctuation works in German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Russian and for Spanish, punctuation at the beginning of the sentence, like ¡ or ¿, must be typed.
You can use these phrases to add punctuation to your text –
Commands to select text –
First Say Select and then use the attached word –
Select last word
Select next word
Select next line
Select last line
Select next paragraph
Select last [number] words
Commands to format your document –
Apply heading [1–6]
Apply normal text
All caps [word or phrase]
Capitalize [word or phrase]
“All caps” makes the word or phrase all capital letters and “Capitalize” capitalizes only the first letter.
Text color and highlighting
Text color [color]
Background color [color]
Remove background color
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Font size [6-400]
Apply 1 column
Apply 2 columns
Apply 3 columns
Insert column break
Create bulleted list
Using these voice commands, you would be able to type the article , paragraph you need to.
The paragraph will be automatically saved on your google drive.
As a default storage, Google drive will be used as saving path of the document. However, the document can be download after completion.
If you wish to stop or resume the voice typing, you would say “stop listening ” and “resume “.
All these related command list and further official information is also available on the google support pages. you can visit them by searching on google or just say “voice typing help ” when the google document is open and found difficult in using any command.